Hello everyone! After some time off, I finally managed to get back to the project and I’m ready to bring you some news of what’s being happening and what I’ve been working on. First of all, I’d like to inform you that Steam Dungeon has gone through a structural change.
Seperation into Dungeon Sandbox and Shadow Dungeons has caused much confusion to people not familiar with Steam Dungeons series – I’ve had to explain the difference and even share the development story each time people asked me about my projects, and even though I never hesitated to do so and always tell about Steam Dungeons with great joy, I felt like it must be a bit complicated for people to comprehend what’s it all about, so I decided to make things simpler. From now own, Steam Dungeons officially consists of:
- Steam Dungeons 3D (Dungeon Sandbox)
- Steam Dungeons RPG (Shadow Dungeons)
This makes the relation, as well as the main outstanding point of each project, obvious – Steam Dungeons 3D is about creating and exploring 3D dungeons and Steam Dungeons RPG is about going through an RPG dungeon adventure. And since both games have “Steam” in their name, players can also find Steam games in the dungeons they explore.
With that change came a couple of changes with the general domain structure of Steam Dungeons project:
- Blog (News) and Forum have been moved to steamdungeons.com (where you are right now), which is now a home page of Steam Dungeons.
- Dungeon Sandbox has been moved to 3d.steamdungeons.com, old domain now redirects there.
- Shadow Dungeons has been moved to rpg.steamdungeons.com, old domain now redirects there.
So the whole Steam Dungeons project is now “in one place”, which in my opinion is convenient and eliminates unnecessary confusion.
Oh, and just in case, one can still refer to Steam Dungeons 3D as Dungeon Sandbox if the new name is not appealing for some reason, I don’t mind